The archive contains a valuable collection of books, photographs and visual material. Many of the items were published in the early 1900s although there are some items from the 1990s. To view the Archive Catalogue, click here.
The texts are in Russian and include;
• Works by K.S. Stanislavski
• Works by V.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko
• Memoirs, letters etc from actors and directors connected with the Moscow Art Theatre
• Documents and publications published by the Moscow Art Theatre including a recent donation of the two-volume Moscow Art Theatre: One hundred years.
• Works about Stanislavski and Nemirovich-Danchenko
• General works on Russian theatre, mainly connected with the Moscow Art Theatre
The photographic collection includes A4 size, black and white photographs of productions staged by Stanislavski at the Moscow Art Theatre including Uncle Vanya (Chekhov),The Power of Darkness (Tolstoy) and The Inspector General (Gogol).
The audio-visual archive will be expanded to include DVD recordings of interviews, lectures and events that have been promoted by the Centre and other relevant documentary material relating to Stanislavski’s work.
Bone Fide researchers may gain access to the research archive by contacting the College Librarian, Frank Trew, (email@example.com).