A Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Theatre and Performing Arts can be taken at Rose Bruford College: This part -time eleven month programme is designed for full and part-time teachers and those who support learning in Higher Education in the performing arts disciplines of theatre, drama, dance, music, lighting, scenography and the digital arts The programme blends online learning with monthly group seminars, peer learning groups and self-directed study relating to your own work situation. If you cannot travel to Rose Bruford College you may apply to take the programme as a completely online course. Students on the programme utilise their own teaching practice to reflect upon learning and teaching issues in Higher Education so it is essential that applicants regularly teach or support students at this level. The programme is accredited by The Higher Education Academy and on successful completion of modules within the Certificate you are eligible to become an Associate Fellow or Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Further details can be found on the Rose Bruford College website; www.bruford.ac.uk
Postgraduate research projects undertaken at Rose Bruford College:
- The Application of Practice as Research Pedagogical Principles in Traditionally Designed Performance Modules by Luis Campos. Download report here: Campos_Action_Research_2013
- Fostering political discussions: An action research project applying Critical Pedagogy to the teaching of Videodance in the context of higher education by Gabriela Tropia. Download here: Action Research Report Gabriela Tropia.
- Can more dialogue in feedback enhance ‘feed-forward’? by Alison Mackinnon. Download here: Action Research Report Alison Mackinnon
- Didaskalos in Exile: The role of the playwright in actor-training (a case study of the student response to the author writing a piece exclusively for them to perform under his direction) by Steven Dykes. Download here: Action Research Report Steven Dykes
- Module 2: Evaluation and Enhancement Cordelia by Tess Dignan. Download here: Action Research Report Tess Dignan