The following resources from the Cockpit Theatre-in-Education Archive are available to view at the TYA Centre by appointment only:
Bhanji, Annalyn, Biddy Coghill, Harry Duffin, Mike Kenny, Wyllie Longmore, Gail McIntyre, Christine Murdoch & Paul Swift: Raj. Oxford: Cotswold Press, 1984. Leeds Playhouse Theatre in Education Company.
John, Malcolm (ed.): Music Drama in Schools. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1971. Includes:
- Drayton, Paul & Humphrey Carpenter: “A Preparatory School Approach.”;
- Du Pre, Iris: “A Middle School Project.”;
- Wildman, David & Harry W. Jackson: “A Secondary Modern Musical.”;
- Thomson, Robert & Malcolm John: “Realism and Fantasy.”;
- Welburn, W.A.N. & Eric A. Bryce: “A Musica Play.”;
- Weeks, Derek: “From Improvisation into Drama.”;
- Tunnicliffe, Hilary & Stephen Tunnicliffe: “A Scripted Ballad Opera.”;
- Birbeck, Rosemary, Judith Rosemary & Stuart Bennett: “Theatre in Education.”
“MARCHES – from Jarrow to Cable Street: Script.” Cockpit Theatre-in-Education, 1977.
“MARCHES – from Jarrow to Cable Street: Background Material and Follow Up Suggestions.” Cockpit Theatre-in-Education, 1977.
“MARCHES – from Jarrow to Cable Street: Extended Presentation.” Cockpit Theatre-in-Education, 1977.
Redington, Christine (ed.): Six T.I.E. Programmes. London: Methuen, 1987. Includes:
- “Dirty Rascals.” (Leeds Playhouse Theatre in Education Company);
- Holman, David: “Peacemaker.”;
- Evans, Lisa: “Under Exposure.”;
- “The School on the Green.” (Greenwich Young Peoples Theatre);
- Gillham, Geoff: “Questions Arising in 1985 from a Mutiny in 1789.” (Action PIE Cardiff);
- Evans, Lawrence & Jane Nash: “Lives Worth Living.”
Schweitzer, Pam (ed.): Theatre-in-Education. Four Secondary Programmes. London: Methuen, 1980. Includes:
- Holman, David: “No Pasaran.” (M6 Theatre Company Rochdale);
- “Example. The Case of Craig and Bentley.” (Belgrade Coventry Theatre in Education Company);
- Williams, Cora, Pam Schweitzer & Dave Swapp: “Holland New Town.” (M6 Theatre Company Rochdale);
- “Factory. A Simulation Exercise.” (Rosemary Linnell; The Curtain Theatre London).
“Theatre-in-Education: Marches – from Jarrow to Cable Street” (VHS). Producer: LMS Television Centre. Including:
- Programme 1 1930-1934
- Programme 2 1934-1936
- Programme 3 Summer 1936
- Programme 4 Discussion
“Theatre-in-Education: Drama Work-In. Arthur Miller – View from the Bridge” (VHS). Producer: LMS Television Centre. Including:
- 1 Part I (30’00″)
- 2 Part II (40’00″)
For access to the archive, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.